What is the Economics Teachers Society of South Australia (ETSSA)
The Economics Teachers’ Society of South Australia (ETSSA) is a professional association for teachers of Economics in Secondary Schools.
The Economics Teachers Society of South Australia aims to support the teaching of Economics by:
- Encouraging the teaching and study of economics and its application in Australia.
- Providing professional learning opportunities for teachers including conferences and professional development opportunities.
- Promoting the study of Economics, especially in Years 11 and 12 of secondary school, but also beyond secondary education.
- Assisting students in their learning through provision of conferences.
- Sponsoring the Economics Prize for the top student in South Australia for Stage 2 SACE Economics.
- Advocating on behalf of Economics Educators.
- Promoting the public recognition of the role of economics.
- Providing input into educational reviews through submissions.
- Liaising with organisations, private, educational, commercial and government in relation to the development and provision of the economics curriculum.
- Representing South Australian teachers at the national level through participation in the peak body the Business Educators of Australasia (BEA).
- Liaise with other organisations that may assist The Economics Teachers Society in achieving its goals.
Chris Burrows – President
Wendy Jacobs – Treasurer & Membership
Mary Pettinger – Secretary
Bernadetta Chaustowski – Executive Member
Lauren Fleming – Executive Member
Michael Jacobsen – Executive Member
Mel McCabe – Executive Member
Troy Schroeder – Executive Member
The Economics Teachers Society of South Australia is a formally registered association.
Download a copy of the Economics Teachers Society of South Australia constitution here
The Economics Teachers Society of South Australia as a professional association has since its inception relied on the time and expertise of teachers who have volunteered to be involved in its organisation and conduct. Over the past years, a number of members have each year given their time and effort to be on the executive of the association which has benefited thousands of teachers of Economics. Of these people, a select few have been made The Economics Teachers Society of South Australia Life Members in recognition of their outstanding service.
- Michael Howe
- John Foreman
- Bernadetta Chaustowski
- Wendy Jacobs